St Anthony's School
St Anthony's School was named after St Anthony of Padua, one of the most well-known and popular Catholic saints.
St Anthony was born in Portugal and joined the Franciscan Order in 1221. St Anthony's Feast Day is celebrated on June 13th and this is a day of great celebration for our school.
The first two teachers were Sister Mary Benvenuta Fox and Sister Mary Monica Smith and they used the Parish Hall as their classroom. Twenty years later in 1950-51, with enrolments at 195 children, rooms were built alongside the hall to accomodate them. The current two-storey building was erected in 1968.
In 1976, after 50 years of wonderful work and teaching, lay teachers took over the teaching roles of the Dominican nuns at St Anthony's.
2010 was the celebration of 80 years of Dominican education. The Dominican order was founded by St Dominic in 1216. The Feast of Dominican Saints is celebrated with other Dominican schools as a way of sharing this common heritage.
The St Anthony's school crest displays the connection to the Dominican order and the word Veritas inspires the search for Truth.