In the late 1950's many new people, a large number being Italian migrants, came into the Maylands and Payneham areas. The foundation stone was blessed by Bishop Gleeson on 23rd April, 1960. The building was completed by the end of the year and opened by His Grace, Archbishop Beovich.
The Parish Priest , Fr James Kelly, recognised the need for a Catholic school in the Payneham district and had four classrooms built next to the wood and iron chapel (Parish Hall) on Wellington Road (now 78 Portrush Road).
Supporting students and their families is part of our history passed on to us by the Sisters of St. Joseph who established our school in 1962. It began with 42 students and today there are 430 students from Preschool to Year 7. Sr David was the first principal and the Josephite nuns continued to lead the school until December 1983. As a parish school, we have much to be thankful for to the Sisters of St Joseph for the many years of service.The strong link between school and Parish continues today. It is very important to us.
(The donations amount includes money raised since 2015).