Tenison Woods Catholic Primary School
Originally called St Joseph’s, Richmond, and founded by the Sisters of St Joseph in 1933, the school was renamed after the amalgamation of St. Joseph's, Richmond and Kilmara, Thebarton. This was initiated in 1995 and the merger took place in 1997 following significant refurbishment of the Richmond site.
Our school is named after Father Julian Tenison Woods, a Priest who worked in the South East of South Australia with Mary MacKillop. Together they established the Josephite Religious order of sisters and set about making Catholic Education in South Australia an option for all children. Their compassion and work with underprivileged and outcast members of society is what inspires our community.