Mary MacKillop Memorial School
Our school motto - “In Omnibus Caritas” (in all things love and kindness) reflects the strong belief we have that we, as children of God, need to reflect God’s love to our world through our attitudes, words and actions.
At Mary MacKillop Memorial the most important focus of the school is the children. We aim to live our vision, by creating an environment in which there is excellence in teaching and learning so that all children who leave our school have:
• a positive sense of community
• an appreciation of, and respect for, themselves as valuable people
• respect for other people and the world in which they live
• been given the opportunity to attain their potential in the intellectual spiritual and physical aspects of their lives
• an awareness that learning is a life-long experience.
As a Catholic School our second, but equally important, focus is the building of a school community that reflects the spirit of our patron, Saint Mary of the Cross (MacKillop). Her driving force was to ‘do the will of God’ and ‘never see a need without trying to do something about it’. In following in her footsteps, we endeavour to provide opportunities for our students to be aware of the needs of others and to take practical steps in an effort to address these needs.